The leaves are turning, the temperature is dropping and Halloween is quickly approaching! While decoration may not seem like a standard use for your smart home products, they can help add a little fear factor this October.
To help you get started, we’ve put together some ideas on home automation to give your decorations a spooky boost.
- Set up cameras to see when trick or treaters arrive at your door.
- Use Smart plugs to trigger spooky music or lights when monsters approach.
- Shut the garage door and program it to open when kids arrive, revealing a spooky scene within.
- Use motion sensors to automate your decorations when visitors walk by. Then blame it on the ghosts and ghouls…
- A Smart Switch keeps your porch lights on until the candy runs out and off when the witching hour’s over. The switch doesn’t require any additional hardware or an Iris hub, just download the free Iris app, connect wirelessly to your router and you’ll be able to control any electrical appliance remotely from your smartphone.
See more ideas below: